"Attitude is a choice. Think positive thoughts daily. Believe in yourself." -Pat Summit

Monday, January 31, 2011

SHOPPING!!!!!!!

Today myself and the other Americans.....Chelsea, Caitlin and Jackie decided to try out the train system in Germany.

We took the train from Cloppenburg to Oldenburg on to Bremen. Then we got on a bus and went to the Nike, Puma and Adidas outlet stores!

AHHHHHHHHH!!! I loved it.

#1 - train system rocks!

#2 - bremen is busy and cool

#3 - I love outlet stores!

#4 - I bought my hightop shoes (people here in Germany wear a lot of high tops!) -- So now I feel like I am complete


It was lots of fun today...getting out and having lunch at a cafe, taking the train and bus to the outlet stores and then eating snacks, candy and tea along the way!!!

I'm finding that so many people here in Germany have been so friendly and helpful. To be honest, people warned me before I came to Germany that Germans were at times harsh and not always friendly right away....I find that completely incorrect....so far the Germans I have met have been so gracious, kind and helpful with everything. I hope that continues and I truly believe it will...it has been making my time in Germany that much better :)

OH!!! Funny side note: an older woman in the chocolate store at the train station today was excited to find out we were American! Not only American but two from CALIFORNIA!!! and you know what that means....she said....DAVID HASSALHOF! hahahahahahahaha! I loved every second of it... it was so cute and she was so sweet. She didn't speak English but tried so hard to communicate.

It was a GREAT day and I'm so glad we got out and explored the town.

I will post a picture of my cool new hightop Nike shoes when I load my pics.

Till the next time --- guten nacht (btw - my teammates/coaches tease me because I love to SLEEP!!)

-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment