"Attitude is a choice. Think positive thoughts daily. Believe in yourself." -Pat Summit

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Long Time No Post --- Part 2


Ok...so if you haven't read Part 1 yet, you may want to scroll down the page prior to reading this post :)

...sooooo, lets see where I left off...

After being in the hospital and hitting my head, we were unsure at the time what had happened and I had an MRI scheduled for a few days later. I was not allowed to practice and therefore my coach and the powers that be allowed me to go with my mom to Berlin for a couple of days!!!
What an amazing trip that was ... there is so much to see and do in Berlin. There is a lot of history. I have TONS of pictures to share, but I will only post a few for now...We went on a bus tour and got to listen about the history and rebuilding of Berlin. My mom and I went to the checkpoint charlie area and went through the museum. What an interesting/scary history to read about...








We also went to an AMAZINGLY LARGE chocolate store...as any of you who know me well can imagine ... I was in HEAVEN!!! I loved it ... there were cool chocolate statues of the monuments from around the city...see below, so cool:



After returning from Berlin, I was cleared to practice again...so my mom decided to go on a trip by herself and went to visit Amsterdam. She went to lots of museums and the Anne Frank House. I am looking forward to checking out Amsterdam myself. I think I may be going soon...the next time we have time off of training maybe!

Once my mom returned from Amsterdam, we had a test game the following day...we played against FCR Duisburg and they were a great team. I believe they have 4 National Players that will be participating in the World Cup coming up in a few months. It was a great experience getting to play with players on a national team from another country! :)
My mom had to leave the very next day :( I took her to Bremen and we said our goodbyes...with a few tears...





It was so nice having my mom here in Germany with me for a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure she had a great time and loved Germany a lot :)

This week I am focusing on getting rid of this cold, training hard and kicking butt in our game this weekend. We play away against Magdeburg and it is a must win. We will be having a group of fans going with us and I think it will be a great thing for us ...

I plan on writing an update after that game...so I hope everyone enjoyed hearing about the past two weeks ;) Wishing everyone well and I will write again soon!!

-Kat

1 comment:

  1. As the boys would say "Kathaleeeeeeen" you got to be careful! Sounds like you had a great visit, we had a great visit with Anthony too. I'm following your posts, keep them up - makes me feel like I'm there! Aunt Katie

    ReplyDelete